The easiest way to import from Turkey would be to find a supplier through www.YeniExpo.com; it’s an up and coming Turkish B2B marketplace, the interface is easy to use and you’ll easily be able to find what you’re looking for.
Once you’ve found a product and supplier start communicating with the supplier and order brochures, catalogs, price quotation, and some samples. If your business is relatively large, visit the suppliers in Turkey and choose the products in person.
Steps in the Importing process from Turkey:
- Request a price quotation from the Turkish supplier you find on http://www.YeniExpo.com
- Receive the quote and request a formal pro forma invoice, the exporter’s quote on the merchandise you want to import.
- Negotiate on the price and terms if necessary.
- Open a letter of credit at your bank or Wire Transfer the money to the supplier.
- Verify that the merchandise has been shipped.
- Receive documents from the exporter (Commercial Invoice, Bill of Lading, Certificate of Origin)
- Declare and clear merchandise through customs.
- Collect your merchandise from port of entry and transfer to your warehouse.