Having radiant skin is a dream of many people. It is a sign of good health. Skin issues like inflammation or dryness make having radiant skin difficult due to the fact that they might cause breakouts and reduce its appearance over time. It’s not all about beauty though. Having beautiful skin has actually been shown to reduce stress levels in people.
Why? Because having radiant skin makes you feel good about yourself naturally, automatically enhancing your confidence and helping you go through the day-to-day activities without any issues. It may sound like a fantasy to have radiant skin. However, it’s not! You can achieve your goal with the right products and a few lifestyle changes. Here are some pointers to help you achieve your goal of achieving beautiful skin.
1. Using Skincare Products
It’s possible to naturally cure skin problems using skincare treatments. If you know how to use them at home, you don’t have to spend a lot of money at the salon. There are many skincare products available in the market that will help you get a radiant skin.
- Toner: A toner is one among them. Toner used in the right way will help you get rid of all the dirt and oil stuck on your face. Regular use of toner can also improve your skin’s texture making it more radiant than ever before.
- Serum: A serum is another great skincare product that shows visible results within a few days. Serums are very effective in improving the appearance of your skin because they can be absorbed into your skin without leaving any traces of residue behind like creams and moisturizers do.
- Cleanser: Cleansers play an important role in scrubbing your face of all the impurities that can clog your pores and reduce your skin’s radiance. When you cleanse at night, do not use water that is too hot or cold. It can strip away the natural oils from your skin which will cause dryness and inflammation to worsen by the day.
- Sunscreen: Sunscreen is another essential step you MUST follow every single day without fail. Use a sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or more to protect your skin from the harmful high-energy rays of the sun that can even worsen inflammation.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliation is a great skincare routine that helps slough away dead skin cells and increases skin cell regeneration. This will reduce the chances of your pores clogging over time and make your skin look radiant from within.
- Moisturizer: Hands down, moisturizers are the most important skincare product you’ll ever need for a radiant skin. When used in the right way, they can work wonders for your skin. Always apply a generous amount on every area of your face to make it look radiant all day long.
2. Changing your diet
Your diet plays a huge role in shaping up your skin. If you are not eating the right kind of food, it’s highly likely that you’ll develop various skin problems including acne and fine lines at a younger age. This will make your skin look dull and less radiant than ever before. These diet tips will help you get glowing skin in no time.
Limit sugar intake: Sugar can cause various types of skin problems and inflamed conditions. The best way to avoid sugar is by eating fresh, wholesome foods rich in essential nutrients that your body needs such as fruits and vegetables. You should also lower down your intake of processed food items like bread, pasta, and other refined carbohydrates because they are very high in sugar content.
Eat 5-6 small meals in a day: Eating small, healthy meals throughout the day ensures that your metabolism remains active and efficient enough to give you maximum energy throughout the day. When you eat fewer meals (3 large ones), it slows down your metabolism which causes inflammation in your body. This is one of the main causes of skin problems in teenagers.
Avoid processed and packaged food: Packaged and processed food items like chips, fries, and burgers contain hydrogenated oils which make your body produce more estrogen. When you consume such foods daily, it can lead to serious health problems including increased susceptibility to acne breakouts.
Eat green leafy vegetables: Green leafy veggies like spinach and kale and other such greens and vegetables can help you fight various skin conditions. These veggies contain large amounts of antioxidants that keep your skin healthy, radiant, and young-looking for a long time.
Drink lots of water: Water is essential for your body to function normally. When you are dehydrated, your skin does not absorb the nutrients from food properly which ultimately shows up on your face as dullness and acne breakouts. Drink at least 12 glasses of water every day to stay hydrated and get a radiant skin.
Ditch caffeine and alcohol: Caffeine and alcohol deplete your body’s water levels, causing a slew of skin issues such as dryness and acne breakouts. When consumed regularly, it can cause long-term damage to your skin.
3. Regular Exercise
Exercise is a great way to boost blood circulation and stimulate cell renewal which keeps your radiant skin looking young and vibrant. If you have been neglecting exercise for a long time, start slowly by doing 20-30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise every day.
Cardiovascular exercises: These are beneficial for your body as they improve the flow of blood and oxygen to all the cells in your body. This ensures that your skin functions optimally to get rid of toxins and waste, thus revealing its natural glow.
Strength training: Performing strength training regularly can greatly improve your muscle tone and tissue elasticity which will give you vibrant and young-looking skin. Perform 3 sets of each exercise for 40-60 seconds with 10 reps.
Skipping rope: Skipping is an extremely effective way to boost your cardiovascular health and increase blood circulation prominently around your face. Follow these steps to perform this exercise correctly: Hold the handles tightly, stand with your feet apart at shoulder width, bend your knees slightly, and jump up while swinging the rope.
Push-ups: Push-ups not only improve your body’s strength and immunity but also stimulate blood flow to your face and other vital organs. Follow these instructions to perform the perfect push-up: Keep your palms directly below your shoulders or slightly forward, tighten your core muscles, and keep your back straight.
Face exercises: You can also perform simple face exercises to tighten your skin and muscles. Here are the perfect face exercises you should do daily: Gently pull down your earlobes while closing your eyes for 30 seconds, open them while keeping the neck muscles relaxed; place your index fingers under your eyebrows and press up with mild force towards the forehead for 30 seconds, relax, and repeat.
Get radiant skin in 3 days. It might sound impossible, but it is very much achievable with the right products and a few lifestyle changes. Here are some pointers to help you achieve your goal of achieving beautiful skin. It is very important to keep your body hydrated at all times to ensure that your skin does not lose its moisture.
Skincare products can help you in improving your skin tone and texture, but make sure that they do not contain any harmful chemicals. Changing the way you eat and exercise can significantly improve your skin’s appearance and texture. Not to forget that a good night’s sleep is extremely necessary to look beautiful. Follow these simple steps and be on your way to clear, glowing skin.