T-SQL Fundamentals Book Description:
Effectively query and modify data using Transact-SQL
Master T-SQL fundamentals and write robust code for Microsoft SQL Server and Azure SQL Database. Itzik Ben-Gan explains key T-SQL concepts and helps you apply your knowledge with hands-on exercises. The book first introduces T-SQL’s roots and underlying logic. Next, it walks you through core topics such as single-table queries, joins, subqueries, table expressions, and set operators. Then the book covers more-advanced data-query topics such as window functions, pivoting, and grouping sets. The book also explains how to modify data, work with temporal tables, and handle transactions, and provides an overview of programmable objects.
Microsoft Data Platform MVP Itzik Ben-Gan shows you how to:
- Review core SQL concepts and its mathematical roots
- Create tables and enforce data integrity
- Perform effective single-table queries by using the SELECT statement
- Query multiple tables by using joins, subqueries, table expressions, and set operators
- Use advanced query techniques such as window functions, pivoting, and grouping sets
- Insert, update, delete, and merge data
- Use transactions in a concurrent environment
- Get started with programmable objects–from variables and batches to user-defined functions, stored procedures, triggers, and dynamic SQL
Publisher:Microsoft Press; 3rd edition (August 3, 2016)
Item Weight:1.68 pounds
Dimensions:7.38 x 1.03 x 9 inches
(as of Jan 24,2022 00:02:09 UTC )
This post and description may also contain some affiliate links, which means that the post creator may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you click on some of the product links and decide to make a purchase. This channel is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
If you find any of your copyrighted material in this post or video, please contact us, so we can resolve the issue.
© All rights reserved by respective owners.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Shipping and Return Policy:
Amazon Books are subject to AMAZON.com Shipping and Return Policy.