In 2018, plastic packaging products ranked first in the packaging industry exports with a 65% share. The other important packaging group exported was paper, cardboard, corrugated cardboard packaging products with a 24% export share.
Here is a list of packaging companies in Turkey, introducing Turkish packaging manufacturers, suppliers and exporters in food packaging, plastic packaging, flexible packaging, glass packaging, paper and kraft packaging.
The packaging industry is one of the fast growing sectors in Turkey. Growth in population and living standards, fast urbanization, diversification of consumer goods, increase in globalization and accessibility to new products as well as increase in consumption and increase in exports have all resulted in higher demand for packaged products.
Awareness of Industry 4.0 and demand for moving production towards automation resulted with investments in packaging machinery.
The market value for packaging industry is $20 billion and Turkey consumes 3.5 million tons of packaging products every year. By 2023, Turkey has set a target to reach $30 billion market size and $300 consumption per person from the current $260 level.
There are approximately 3000 packaging manufacturing companies, including all SMEs and large firms, and 100,000 people are employed by the industry.
In packaging machinery, European Union companies dominate the import market due to geographical proximity and the Customs Union Agreement. American companies can increase market share in this developing market by finding qualified distributors.
Additionally, they can take advantage of Turkish companies’ expertise in surrounding countries by forming partnerships.
In general, highest packaging products and packaging machinery are being consumed by the following sectors;
- Sugar and confectionary products; chocolate, gum and nougat products,
- Flour and flour based products; cookie, cake, snack and breads,
- Oil and oil based products (liquid and hard),
- Dairy products; milk, cheese, yogurt,
- Soap, Cosmetics, Hygiene papers,
- Detergent and Cleaning products,
- Soups, Spices, Pudding and other granulated food products,
- All Beverages
- Cigarette and tobacco products
- Tea, coffee, cacao and salt products,
- Medicine and health products,
- Meat, Chicken, fish and fisheries products,
- All agriculture products like; Chips, Dried fruits, nuts, olives and etc.
- Others (baby foods, tags & labels, and etc.),
- Industrial products (house appliances, textile products, decoration products, and etc.)
Industrial Packaging Machinery
- Machines for filling, closing, sealing, labeling bottles, cans or containers
- Parts of machinery for industrial preparation of food and drinks.
- Machinery for finishing paper and paperboard, carton handling, bagging, shrink and wrapping equipment.
- Heat sealing machines and labeling.
- Stretch wrapping machinery.
- Car Supplies
- Cleaning Products
- Computer Accessories
- Consumer Electronics
- Fun Stuff
- Health Care Products
- Office Supplies
- Personal Care Products
- Sports Products
- Tradeshow Supplies