Introduction to United States International Taxation Book Description:
The new edition of this well-known reference work for the tax community provides an introduction to the application of the United States (US) international taxation system to taxpayers investing or transacting business in the US and other countries. In a relatively brief and manageable form, it sets forth the principles adopted by the US in taxing US or foreign individuals and corporations as they invest, work, or carry on a trade or business in the US or abroad.
The presentation focuses on the following aspects of the subject matter:
- general aspects of the corporation income tax, the individual income tax, the tax treatment of partnerships, trusts, and accounting aspects;
- the basic jurisdictional principles adopted by the US with respect to application of its income tax to international investment and business transactions;
- the US rules for taxing foreign corporations, foreign partnerships, foreign trusts, and nonresident aliens on their business and investment income derived from US sources;
- the basic mechanism adopted by the US to alleviate international double taxation on foreign source income derived by US persons;
- the income tax treatment of foreign corporations controlled by US shareholders, including the new GILTI minimum tax and exempt dividend rules;
- the special treatment under FDII of a US corporation’s export of goods, services and intangible rights;
- the general intercompany pricing rules and special transfer pricing rules applicable to particular transactions;
- rules for the treatment of transactions involving currencies other than the US dollar;
- situations in which US income tax treaty provisions modify the basic rules; and
- the wealth transfer tax system, including modifications made by estate and gift tax treaties.
Throughout the discussion, the authors incorporate references not only to the Internal Revenue Code provisions under discussion but also to relevant Treasury Regulations and other administrative material and to important cases that have arisen.
For non-US tax practitioners, tax professors and students both within and outside the US, and others seeking a structural framework within which a US tax problem can be placed, Introduction to United States International Taxation offers the ideal reference source.
Publisher:Kluwer Law International; 7th ed. edition (July 7, 2021)
Item Weight:1.35 pounds
Dimensions:6.25 x 1 x 9.5 inches
Introduction to United States International Taxation
(as of Oct 25,2021 07:33:03 UTC )
This post and description may also contain some affiliate links, which means that the post creator may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you click on some of the product links and decide to make a purchase. This channel is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
If you find any of your copyrighted material in this post or video, please contact us, so we can resolve the issue.
© All rights reserved by respective owners.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Shipping and Return Policy:
Amazon Books are subject to AMAZON.com Shipping and Return Policy.