Egan’s Fundamentals of Respiratory Care Book Description:
Learn the principles and skills you’ll need as a respiratory therapist! Egan’s Fundamentals of Respiratory Care, 12th Edition provides a solid foundation in respiratory care and covers the latest advances in this ever-changing field. Known as “the bible for respiratory care,” this text makes it easy to understand the role of the respiratory therapist, the scientific basis for treatment, and clinical applications. Comprehensive chapters correlate to the 2020 NBRC Exam matrices, preparing you for clinical and exam success. Written by noted educators Robert Kacmarek, James Stoller, and Albert Heuer, this edition includes new chapters on heart failure as well as ethics and end-of-life care, plus the latest AARC practice guidelines.
- Updated content reflects the newest advances in respiratory care, preparing you to succeed in today’s health care environment.
- UNIQUE! Mini-Clinis provide case scenarios challenging you to use critical thinking in solving problems encountered during actual patient care.
- Decision trees developed by hospitals highlight the use of therapist-driven protocols to assess a patient, initiate care, and evaluate outcomes.
- Rules of Thumb highlight rules, formulas, and key points that are important to clinical practice.
- Learning objectives align with the summary checklists, highlighting key content at the beginning and at the end of each chapter, and parallel the three areas tested on the 2020 NBRC Exam matrices.
- Learning resources on the Evolve companion website include an NBRC correlation guide, image collection, lecture notes, Body Spectrum electronic anatomy coloring book, and an English/Spanish glossary.
- Student workbook provides a practical study guide reflecting this edition of the text, offering numerous case studies, experiments, and hands-on activities. Available separately.
- Full-color design calls attention to the text’s special features and promotes learning.
- Glossary includes key terms and definitions needed for learning concepts.
- NEW Heart Failure chapter covers the disease that is the most frequent cause of unscheduled hospital admissions.
- NEW Ethics and End-of-Life Care chapter explains related issues and how to help patients and their families.
- NEW! Improved readability makes the text easier to read and concepts easier to understand.
- NEW! Updated practice guidelines from the AARC (American Association for Respiratory Care) are included within the relevant chapters.
- NEW! Updated chapters include topics such as arterial lines, stroke, ACLS, PALS, hemodynamics, polysomnography, waveform interpretation, and laryngectomy.
- NEW! Streamlined format eliminates redundancy and complex verbiage.
Publisher:Mosby; 12th edition (March 23, 2020)
Item Weight:6.08 pounds
Dimensions:10.91 x 1.89 x 8.86 inches
Egan’s Fundamentals of Respiratory Care
(as of Jan 20,2022 20:04:46 UTC )
This post and description may also contain some affiliate links, which means that the post creator may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you click on some of the product links and decide to make a purchase. This channel is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
If you find any of your copyrighted material in this post or video, please contact us, so we can resolve the issue.
© All rights reserved by respective owners.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Shipping and Return Policy:
Amazon Books are subject to AMAZON.com Shipping and Return Policy.